Liscard Hall was built in 1835 by a Liverpool merchant, Sir John Tobin. Its grounds later became Central Park, and the building itself later became an art college. A “model farm” was also
developed nearby by his family. The former Grade II listed arts building within the grounds of Central Park was destroyed by fire on 7 July 2008, and has been completely demolished.
Liscard Battery was built in 1858 to help protect shipping on the River Mersey and defend the port of Liverpool. It was equipped with seven 10-inch guns. Set back from the river and hidden by new building, it was known as "the snake in the grass" to local inhabitants. The battery was obsolete by 1912, and sold on, and houses were erected on top, and now the site has an odd appearance with only the curtain wall and ornate crenellated gatehouse surviving to this day.
The area originally had a railway station as part of the Wirral Railway. Known as Liscard and Poulton railway station, it was part of a branch line which included Seacombe railway station as its terminus. This branch is long-closed and its route now forms the approach to the Kingsway Tunnel.